Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Soldier Boy!

My baby turns 8 today! I can hardly believe it. I remember the day he was born.
I had a doctors appointment and he was overdue. We made the decision to induce the next day and while I was standing with the nurse to make the appointment my water broke. I told her either my water broke or I just wet my pants. She said well now lets just go back in and have a look see and then decide what to do with you.

Sure enough my water had broken and they sent me straight to the hospital. I had the girl child with me and the dad person was on the road in Maryland. I was making frantic phone calls to who ever I could reach at the time...the girl child's dad - who came to the hospital to retreive her, my mom who then took over trying to reach the dad person - she was in Iowa, I'm in Indiana, he's somewhere in Maryland. All very exciting stuff. This all happened between 4:00 and 5:00 PM.


I did manage to drive myself to the hospital and when we got there I had a flat tire. The girl child's dad took care of that for me too.


I got checked in and put in a room and there I sat having very mild contractions that were really close. The nurse kept coming in to "check" to see if we needed to call the doctor in yet and nope, it wasn't time yet. About 9:00 pm she said it was time and the doctor arrived about 9:30 and the boy was born at 9:50.


I remember I was starving after he was born and the cafateria was closed and the nurse found a turkey tv dinner in the freezer so that is what I had to eat.

Here he is in his digital camos that I got him for his birthday. He was so excited with them that he wore them to school today. He wants to grow up and go into the air force and fly F22 Raptors.

I better not blink or that day will be tomorrow. I hate that my babies are growing up!

1 comment:

  1. This post is so sweet! What a day you had LOL! He is a cutie, reminds me of one of my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete