Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome to my world

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Following is a post that I had back in January on a different blog that I started (and then promptly forgot about). I'm going to try my very best to keep up with this one as I'm sure there is plenty of riveting stuff out there that I know about and that you don't and you must know. So here is the first post from my last attempt at blogging. ENJOY!

Happy New Year...Almost
You know some folks are very diligent about sitting down and making their New Year's resolution list each year...me, not so much. But, I do like to have ONE thing that I plan to learn or accomplish each year, and this year is learning more about blogging (aren't we all lucky ). I've been reading them for years and I always say that I'm going to start one and I never do so this is my New Year's learning adventure for 2009. That and finishing the socks I'm teaching myself to knit from 2008.

So, the close of 2008 has been kinda sad for my family this year. On November 30th we lost our beloved bassett hound Bo. He was our challenging child as I'm sure all families have one. He liked to sneak out of the back yard under the fence every chance he got. My husband called it range wars. We would find his hole and plug it and he would find a new one within a day. Well, he got out and got hit by a car. We love you buddy and we miss you so much!

We hadn't yet recovered from Bo's death when our Alpaca Holly got sick.

She lost her baby in late October and about two weeks later she got really sick. We put her in the heated garage and nursed her for a week or so giving her antibiotics and keeping her warm. After a few days she wanted to go back out with everyone else so we put a coat on her and sent her back to the herd and kept an eye on her and she seemed to be better so we quit worring about her. Then on the 20th we found her in the barn sick again. We brought her back to the garage and nursed her for a couple days, called the vet and got stronger medicine and a day or so later she wanted to go back out so we let her and then on the 22nd she passed away. The vet was on his way but she died before he could get there.

This is Holly in full fleece last spring before we sheared herMy daughter showed her in 4-H and was devastated when she died as were we all.It was very sad last night when we got home from Christmas in Iowa and everyone came running to the fence to say "Hi" and there was no Holly. It will take us a very long time to get over her.
I'm going to send her fleece out to be processed and make something special for the daughter and hopefully myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment